Virtualization lets one server do the job of multiple computers, by sharing the resources of a single computer across multiple environments.
Installing traditional physical servers would typically require a separate server for each server role. By utilizing virtual server technology (Microsoft’s HyperV or VMware, for example), the number of physical servers can be greatly reduced as virtual servers are consolidated on to fewer incidences of physical hardware. Virtualizing servers will result in improved resource utilization as well as reductions in real estate, power and cooling requirements. In addition to energy saving and lower capital expenses due to more efficient use of hardware resources, virtualization provides high availability of resources, increased security and improved disaster recovery processes.
A virtualized platform is highly scalable, meaning that adding additional virtual servers as your company grows does not incur the same project, labor or capital costs as adding additional physical servers. In addition, organizations that deploy a virtualized environment will also reduce their energy consumption (and thereby reduce their carbon footprint) and improve the effectiveness of their disaster recovery plan.
- Consolidation – Utilize less space, less power, less hardware to operate the same or larger application environment
- Cost control – Reduce capital costs and management costs through less hardware and reduced infrastructure administration
- Efficiency – Deliver applications in a highly efficient and scalable way
- Resilience – Leverage inherent benefits of virtualization including high availability and business continuity
- Green IT – Improve energy efficiency and reduce your carbon footprint
- Scalability – A virtualized infrastructure that can grow as your business does
The ‘cloud’ and the applicability of this technology to small and medium-sized companies (SMEs) is a source of much debate and mis-information. Cloud is now a widely used concept and also a widely misused term, which has left many companies not knowing how – and if – to proceed.
At ISTANBUL IT SERVICES, we believe deploying cloud services can result in significant benefits, chief of which is greater choice and flexibility in IT infrastructure design. However, as with any other technology, the deployment of cloud services needs to be considered in light of overall business requirements. Our consultants and engineers are expert in guiding you through the decision making process to ascertain if and where cloud is right for you.